Welcome to UnSpun - The Orca's current events podcast and YouTube show. Every week, Jody Vance and George Affleck unspin the latest news in local, provincial, federal politics, and much more.
Jody and George keep things hopeful and positive. Yup! Well — except where they need to drill into some questionable decisions from local, provincial and federal governments. But all in all, there is light at the end of the tunnel.
- Twitter: The Orca https://twitter.com/TheOrcaBC
- Jody Vance https://twitter.com/jodyvance
- George Affleck https://twitter.com/george_affleck
- UnSpun https://twitter.com/unspunpodcast
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theorcabc/
- Listen to our podcast on your favourite podcast player. Search for “the orca media”
- On Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2ODR5fz…
- On Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast…
- This week’s YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSLL-QmSn5E&feature=youtu.be
Interesting in sponsoring? Email email@example.com
Jody Vance is a born and raised Vancouverite who’s spent 30 years in both local and national media. The first woman in the history of Canadian TV to host her own sports show in primetime, since 2011 she’s been working in both TV and radio covering news and current affairs.
George Affleck is a former Vancouver City Councillor, retiring in 2018 after seven years and two election wins. He has also owned his marketing agency, Curve Communications, since 2000 and works with a variety of clients in the private and non-profit sector. George is also a published author, a former CBC journalist and comedy writer, and an avid traveler, having lived in Sweden, Denmark, the UK, Taiwan, and Israel.
Theme song: Piers Affleck
Produced at: Curve Communications
- Last week’s UnSpun focused on the economic impact of COVID-19, and wondered when does social distancing go too far?
- Ada Slivinski had wine delivered with an app, and apparently her house is still standing. Why did it take a pandemic to relax outdated liquor laws?
- Here’s Jody’s column this week, looking ahead to the day when classrooms do open back up, and how different it will be for parents and kids alike.