Welcome to UnSpun – The Orca’s current events podcast and YouTube show. Every week, Jody Vance and George Affleck unspin the latest news in local, provincial and federal politics, and much more.
Jody and George focus on how the economic conversation of the COVID-19 crisis is now taking a front row seat over its health impacts; when do social distancing rules go too far?
The Province of BC seems to be saying Vancouver really did not need to close every recreational facility in the city; and will Vancouver Mayor Kennedy Stewart’s financial football ever land in his own end, or will he continue to lobby other levels of government for a bailout?
- Twitter: The Orca https://twitter.com/TheOrcaBC
- Jody Vance https://twitter.com/jodyvance
- George Affleck https://twitter.com/george_affleck
- UnSpun https://twitter.com/unspunpodcast
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theorcabc/
- Listen to our podcast on your favourite podcast player. Search for “the orca media”
- On Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2ODR5fz…
- On Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast…
- This week’s YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oIJlOaIfig
Interesting in sponsoring? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jody Vance is a born and raised Vancouverite who’s spent 30 years in both local and national media. The first woman in the history of Canadian TV to host her own sports show in primetime, since 2011 she’s been working in both TV and radio covering news and current affairs.
George Affleck is a former Vancouver City Councillor, retiring in 2018 after seven years and two election wins. He has also owned his marketing agency, Curve Communications, since 2000 and works with a variety of clients in the private and non-profit sector. George is also a published author, a former CBC journalist and comedy writer, and an avid traveler, having lived in Sweden, Denmark, the UK, Taiwan, and Israel.
Theme song: Piers Affleck
Produced at: Curve Communications