Welcome to UnSpun - The Orca's current events podcast and YouTube show. Every week, Jody Vance and George Affleck unspin the latest news in local, provincial, federal politics, and much more.
Jody and George take a look at how political posturing has begun to rear its ugly head (three words — money, money, money) and may provide a taste of what the world will look like when we are a COVID-free world (and being COVID-free we hope will be sooner than later).
- Twitter: The Orca https://twitter.com/TheOrcaBC
- Jody Vance https://twitter.com/jodyvance
- George Affleck https://twitter.com/george_affleck
- UnSpun https://twitter.com/unspunpodcast
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theorcabc/
- Listen to our podcast on your favourite podcast player. Search for “the orca media”
- On Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2ODR5fz…
- On Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast…
- This week’s YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tgpDW6hZhM&t=572s
Interesting in sponsoring? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jody Vance is a born and raised Vancouverite who’s spent 30 years in both local and national media. The first woman in the history of Canadian TV to host her own sports show in primetime, since 2011 she’s been working in both TV and radio covering news and current affairs.
George Affleck is a former Vancouver City Councillor, retiring in 2018 after seven years and two election wins. He has also owned his marketing agency, Curve Communications, since 2000 and works with a variety of clients in the private and non-profit sector. George is also a published author, a former CBC journalist and comedy writer, and an avid traveler, having lived in Sweden, Denmark, the UK, Taiwan, and Israel.
Theme song: Piers Affleck
Produced at: Curve Communications
- Last week’s UnSpun talked economic impact of the pandemic locally, provincially, nationally, and around the world.
- Jody Vance: You’ve got fewer dollars to invest back into the economy – be strategic about who and where gets them. (In other words: shop local.)
- One potential solution for media is requiring content aggregators to share the revenue they collect with the media that creates it – which, as Doug Firby notes, is the the path France is on right now.