Welcome to UnSpun - The Orca's current events podcast and YouTube show. Every week, Jody Vance and George Affleck unspin the latest news in local, provincial, federal politics, and much more.
In this week’s episode, Jody and George continue their focus on COVID-19 and talk about how local, national and international players are managing the most complex geopolitical challenge to our economy and to our society since WWII.
- Twitter: The Orca https://twitter.com/TheOrcaBC
- Jody Vance https://twitter.com/jodyvance
- George Affleck https://twitter.com/george_affleck
- UnSpun https://twitter.com/unspunpodcast
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theorcabc/
- Listen to our podcast on your favourite podcast player. Search for “the orca media”
- On Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2ODR5fz…
- On Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast…
- This week’s YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYB4hwiBWlM
Interesting in sponsoring? Email email@example.com
Jody Vance is a born and raised Vancouverite who’s spent 30 years in both local and national media. The first woman in the history of Canadian TV to host her own sports show in primetime, since 2011 she’s been working in both TV and radio covering news and current affairs.
George Affleck is a former Vancouver City Councillor, retiring in 2018 after seven years and two election wins. He has also owned his marketing agency, Curve Communications, since 2000 and works with a variety of clients in the private and non-profit sector. George is also a published author, a former CBC journalist and comedy writer, and an avid traveler, having lived in Sweden, Denmark, the UK, Taiwan, and Israel.
Theme song: Piers Affleck
Produced at: Curve Communications
- Last week’s UnSpun was in person. Let’s hope it’s safe to do so again in the not-too-distant future.
- Daniel Marshall on the last pandemic, and the last time locking down the province seemed necessary.
- Your daily dose of non-Coronavirus content: Last May, Daniel Fontaine speculated the NDP should have triggered an early election.