Welcome to UnSpun - The Orca's current events podcast and YouTube show. Every week, Jody Vance and George Affleck unspin the latest news in local, provincial, federal politics, and much more.
In this week’s episode Jody and George get into the science and the spin of what may soon be a global pandemic of COVID-19. Then it’s more on pipeline politics and how the issue may be beyond management by governments; and finally to wrap up, they peek into the money-laundering inquiry, 420, and a major LGBTQ+ gaff by a Vancouver city councillor.
- Twitter: The Orca https://twitter.com/TheOrcaBC
- Jody Vance https://twitter.com/jodyvance
- George Affleck https://twitter.com/george_affleck
- UnSpun https://twitter.com/unspunpodcast
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theorcabc/
- Listen to our podcast on your favourite podcast player. Search for “the orca media”
- On Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2ODR5fz…
- On Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast…
- This week’s YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0zBXhRimbI
Interesting in sponsoring? Email email@example.com
Jody Vance is a born and raised Vancouverite who’s spent 30 years in both local and national media. The first woman in the history of Canadian TV to host her own sports show in primetime, since 2011 she’s been working in both TV and radio covering news and current affairs.
George Affleck is a former Vancouver City Councillor, retiring in 2018 after seven years and two election wins. He has also owned his marketing agency, Curve Communications, since 2000 and works with a variety of clients in the private and non-profit sector. George is also a published author, a former CBC journalist and comedy writer, and an avid traveler, having lived in Sweden, Denmark, the UK, Taiwan, and Israel.
- Last week’s UnSpun looked at Budget 2020, Mike Bloomberg, another Olympic bid, and much more.
- #BCPOLI Hotstove covered protests across the province, Twitter mishaps, and never, ever, ever is it okay to quote a Nazi.
- The NDP government admits people don’t trust ICBC. Aaron Sutherland asks why they should start now?