Welcome to UnSpun - The Orca's current events podcast and YouTube show. Every week, Jody Vance and George Affleck unspin the latest news in local, provincial, federal politics, and much more.
In this week’s episode Jody and George focus on the challenges politicians are having behind closed doors on what to do with the spiralling out of control protests; speaking of spiralling out of control, it was budget week in Victoria and guess what, taxes are going up; speaking of taxes, how much will it cost to have Olympics 2030 and can we pull it off again; and finally, because we could not take our eyes off it, the Democratic debate and the addition of Mayor Mike Bloomberg — good or bad, it sure livened things up.
- Twitter: The Orca https://twitter.com/TheOrcaBC
- Jody Vance https://twitter.com/jodyvance
- George Affleck https://twitter.com/george_affleck
- UnSpun https://twitter.com/unspunpodcast
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theorcabc/
- Listen to our podcast on your favourite podcast player. Search for “the orca media”
- On Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2ODR5fz…
- On Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast…
- This week’s YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfLXDrz_NM4
Interesting in sponsoring? Email email@example.com
Jody Vance is a born and raised Vancouverite who’s spent 30 years in both local and national media. The first woman in the history of Canadian TV to host her own sports show in primetime, since 2011 she’s been working in both TV and radio covering news and current affairs.
George Affleck is a former Vancouver City Councillor, retiring in 2018 after seven years and two election wins. He has also owned his marketing agency, Curve Communications, since 2000 and works with a variety of clients in the private and non-profit sector. George is also a published author, a former CBC journalist and comedy writer, and an avid traveler, having lived in Sweden, Denmark, the UK, Taiwan, and Israel.
- Last week’s UnSpun was a Saturday Special. Saturday, because it was recorded on the weekend; Special, because it’s Jody Vance and George Affleck.
- Jody and George discuss Budget 2020 – and as it so happens, so did Jordan Bateman and Maclean Kay in this week’s #BCPOLI Hotstove! What are the odds?
- Coaching is a growth industry, says Ada Slivinski – but who coaches the coaches?