Welcome to UnSpun - The Orca's current events podcast and YouTube show. Every week, Jody Vance and George Affleck unspin the latest news in local, provincial, federal politics, and much more.
In this week’s episode Jody and George go deep into the protests taking place in Vancouver, Victoria and across Canada and how this hot button issue is dividing how we govern; then coronavirus has us asking” “what would you do if you couldn’t leave a quarantined cruise ship for weeks and weeks?” and finally the fate of golf courses in Vancouver, green space for all or development site for condos — you be the judge.
- Twitter: The Orca https://twitter.com/TheOrcaBC
- Jody Vance https://twitter.com/jodyvance
- George Affleck https://twitter.com/george_affleck
- UnSpun https://twitter.com/unspunpodcast
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theorcabc/
- Listen to our podcast on your favourite podcast player. Search for “the orca media”
- On Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2ODR5fz…
- On Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast…
- This week’s YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/fraUExCf6P0
Interesting in sponsoring? Email email@example.com
Jody Vance is a born and raised Vancouverite who’s spent 30 years in both local and national media. The first woman in the history of Canadian TV to host her own sports show in primetime, since 2011 she’s been working in both TV and radio covering news and current affairs.
George Affleck is a former Vancouver City Councillor, retiring in 2018 after seven years and two election wins. He has also owned his marketing agency, Curve Communications, since 2000 and works with a variety of clients in the private and non-profit sector. George is also a published author, a former CBC journalist and comedy writer, and an avid traveler, having lived in Sweden, Denmark, the UK, Taiwan, and Israel.
- UnSpun 57 introduced a new verb to the lexicon. That alone is worth a click.
- Classic UnSpun? In Episode 25, Jody and George gave the gears to Translink, looked at the disintegrating situation in Surrey City Hall, and pondered the then-upcoming federal election.
- More, you say? Your wish is my command. Way back in April 2019, UnSpun 15 surfed the blue wave of the Alberta election, took the high road on 4/20, and talked Mueller…Mueller. (High road! I just got that!)