Welcome to UnSpun - The Orca's current events podcast and YouTube show. Every week, Jody Vance and George Affleck unspin the latest news in local, provincial, federal politics, and much more.
Jody and George spell-check and bylaw-contravention-check the Mayor of Vancouver’s press release that slams the Conservative Party of Canada; get into why this election has been so dirty; speculate on the power of endorsements (cough: Obama!); wonder why fireworks are once again coming up for debate; and remind everyone to vote!
- Twitter: The Orca https://twitter.com/TheOrcaBC
- Jody Vance https://twitter.com/jodyvance
- George Affleck https://twitter.com/george_affleck
- UnSpun https://twitter.com/unspunpodcast
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theorcabc/
- Listen to our podcast on your favourite podcast player. Search for “the orca media”
- This week’s YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/cQXv4L00qWs
Interesting in sponsoring? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jody Vance is a born and raised Vancouverite who’s spent 30 years in both local and national media. The first woman in the history of Canadian TV to host her own sports show in primetime, since 2011 she’s been working in both TV and radio covering news and current affairs.
George Affleck is a former Vancouver City Councillor, retiring in 2018 after seven years and two election wins. He has also owned his marketing agency, Curve Communications, since 2000 and works with a variety of clients in the private and non-profit sector. George is also a published author, a former CBC journalist and comedy writer, and an avid traveler, having lived in Sweden, Denmark, the UK, Taiwan, and Israel.
- Last week’s UnSpun talked Vancouver Island Greens, To Shred or Not To Shred, and another episode of As The BC Legislature Turns.
- George and Jody discuss the NDP’s electoral ceiling, and the possibility of a minority government. Michael Taube asked if Jagmeet Singh really wouldn’t consider a Conservative-led coalition.
- Spelling counts in press releases, especially with 43 communications staff (DRINK~!). In UnSpun 30, George and Jody wondered where they were when media asked about chunks falling off Granville Bridge.