UnSpun on the road!
Jody and George talk about yet another damning report from Victoria about the goings on at the BC Legislature; discuss when it’s okay to shred or not to shred; ask why the Jinny Sims story came out late, late Friday night; debate what impact the Greens will have on Vancouver Island and therefore Canada; and, don’t get us started on parking tickets — $$$$$ — ugh.
- Twitter: The Orca https://twitter.com/TheOrcaBC
- Jody Vance https://twitter.com/jodyvance
- George Affleck https://twitter.com/george_affleck
- UnSpun https://twitter.com/unspunpodcast
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theorcabc/
- Listen to our podcast on your favourite podcast player. Search for “the orca media”
- This week’s YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/cQXv4L00qWs
Interesting in sponsoring? Email email@example.com
Jody Vance is a born and raised Vancouverite who’s spent 30 years in both local and national media. The first woman in the history of Canadian TV to host her own sports show in primetime, since 2011 she’s been working in both TV and radio covering news and current affairs.
George Affleck is a former Vancouver City Councillor, retiring in 2018 after seven years and two election wins. He has also owned his marketing agency, Curve Communications, since 2000 and works with a variety of clients in the private and non-profit sector. George is also a published author, a former CBC journalist and comedy writer, and an avid traveler, having lived in Sweden, Denmark, the UK, Taiwan, and Israel.
- Last week’s UnSpun talked John Horgan, Jay Inslee, Gary Lenz, and backroom politics from Vancouver to Port Moody.
- Jody references her piece on parking tickets and equality before the law.
- Ada Slivinski: astronomical ICBC rate hikes mean it’s time to give drivers – especially young drivers – choice in auto insurance.