Welcome to UnSpun - The Orca's current events podcast and YouTube show. Every week, Jody Vance and George Affleck unspin the latest news in local, provincial, federal politics, and much more.
Jody and George ruminate about the attempted take-over of Park Board by Mayor Kennedy Stewart, go ballistic on the latest move by the taxi industry to stall Uber and Lyft, wonder why the leader of the People’s Party of Canada would ever think it was a good idea to attack teen activist Greta Thunberg, and speculate on why a Sharpy is Trump’s new truth tool.
- Twitter: The Orca https://twitter.com/TheOrcaBC
- Jody Vance https://twitter.com/jodyvance
- George Affleck https://twitter.com/george_affleck
- UnSpun https://twitter.com/unspunpodcast
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theorcabc/
- Listen to our podcast on your favourite podcast player. Search for “the orca media”
- This week’s YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/cQXv4L00qWs
Interesting in sponsoring? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jody Vance is a born and raised Vancouverite who’s spent 30 years in both local and national media. The first woman in the history of Canadian TV to host her own sports show in primetime, since 2011 she’s been working in both TV and radio covering news and current affairs.
George Affleck is a former Vancouver City Councillor, retiring in 2018 after seven years and two election wins. He has also owned his marketing agency, Curve Communications, since 2000 and works with a variety of clients in the private and non-profit sector. George is also a published author, a former CBC journalist and comedy writer, and an avid traveler, having lived in Sweden, Denmark, the UK, Taiwan, and Israel.
- Last week’s UnSpun covered socks, strikes, and speculation aplenty.
- George Affleck sat down with Rick Cluff six months after the Vancouver municipal election to assess how things had gone up to that point.
- And if you dig daily podcasts, don’t forget to subscribe to The Fin (for free!) and receive Bob Price’s Orca Business Beat every Monday through Friday.