Welcome to UnSpun - The Orca's current events podcast and YouTube show. Every week, Jody Vance and George Affleck unspin the latest news in local, provincial, federal politics, and much more.
In this week’s episode, Jody and George talk sock-gate at the G7, Liberal/NDP bromance in Surrey, teacher’s strike speculation in BC, mandatory inoculations at schools, the kid’s casino at the PNE, and fortress City Hall.
- Twitter: The Orca https://twitter.com/TheOrcaBC
- Jody Vance https://twitter.com/jodyvance
- George Affleck https://twitter.com/george_affleck
- UnSpun https://twitter.com/unspunpodcast
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theorcabc/
- Listen to our podcast on your favourite podcast player. Search for “the orca media”
- This week’s YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/cQXv4L00qWs
Interesting in sponsoring? Email email@example.com
Jody Vance is a born and raised Vancouverite who’s spent 30 years in both local and national media. The first woman in the history of Canadian TV to host her own sports show in primetime, since 2011 she’s been working in both TV and radio covering news and current affairs.
George Affleck is a former Vancouver City Councillor, retiring in 2018 after seven years and two election wins. He has also owned his marketing agency, Curve Communications, since 2000 and works with a variety of clients in the private and non-profit sector. George is also a published author, a former CBC journalist and comedy writer, and an avid traveler, having lived in Sweden, Denmark, the UK, Taiwan, and Israel.
- Last week’s UnSpun talked Oppenheimer Park, Surrey PD, ride sharing, the hardest working man in BC politics Wally Oppal, and much, much more.
- Jody and George discussed her column this week bemoaning the exorbitant cost of Midway games at Playland. (You heard me: exorbitant.)
- Should you vaccinate your kids? Yes, you should most definitely vaccinate your kids, Jody argued. Convincingly.