Welcome to UnSpun - The Orca's current events podcast and YouTube show. Every week, Jody Vance and George Affleck unspin the latest news in local, provincial, federal politics, and much more.
Jody and George focus on the decampment of Oppenheimer Park; the new Surrey police committee headed by Wally Oppal; the political impact, or lack thereof, of the SNC Lavalin affair; and the imminent introduction of Lyft rides in Vancouver.
- Twitter: The Orca https://twitter.com/TheOrcaBC
- Jody Vance https://twitter.com/jodyvance
- George Affleck https://twitter.com/george_affleck
- UnSpun https://twitter.com/unspunpodcast
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theorcabc/
- Listen to our podcast on your favourite podcast player. Search for “the orca media”
- This week’s YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/cQXv4L00qWs
Interesting in sponsoring? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jody Vance is a born and raised Vancouverite who’s spent 30 years in both local and national media. The first woman in the history of Canadian TV to host her own sports show in primetime, since 2011 she’s been working in both TV and radio covering news and current affairs.
George Affleck is a former Vancouver City Councillor, retiring in 2018 after seven years and two election wins. He has also owned his marketing agency, Curve Communications, since 2000 and works with a variety of clients in the private and non-profit sector. George is also a published author, a former CBC journalist and comedy writer, and an avid traveler, having lived in Sweden, Denmark, the UK, Taiwan, and Israel.
- Miss last week’s episode of UnSpun? Fear not!
- George Affleck sat down with Rick Cluff to discuss Vancouver Mayor Kennedy Stewart’s ideas for municipal electoral reform.
- Wally Oppal has had a busy 2019. He was last in the headlines as part of the ongoing Speaker’s Office imbroglio in the legislature.