Welcome to UnSpun - The Orca's current events podcast and YouTube show. Every week, Jody Vance and George Affleck unspin the latest news in local, provincial, federal politics, and much more.
In this week’s episode: we’ve got ride sharing, people! Just in time for Christmas, too — Christmas 2020 that is. Meanwhile, at Oppenheimer Park — Mayor Kennedy Stewart has a solution for that and homelessness — he promises. Agh — we’ve heard that before. And remember, sometimes a doughnut is just a doughnut. That’s no snow job, either.
- Twitter: The Orca https://twitter.com/TheOrcaBC
- Jody Vance https://twitter.com/jodyvance
- George Affleck https://twitter.com/george_affleck
- UnSpun https://twitter.com/unspunpodcast
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theorcabc/
- Listen to our podcast on your favourite podcast player. Search for “the orca media”
- This week’s YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/cQXv4L00qWs
Interesting in sponsoring? Email email@example.com
Jody Vance is a born and raised Vancouverite who’s spent 30 years in both local and national media. The first woman in the history of Canadian TV to host her own sports show in primetime, since 2011 she’s been working in both TV and radio covering news and current affairs.
George Affleck is a former Vancouver City Councillor, retiring in 2018 after seven years and two election wins. He has also owned his marketing agency, Curve Communications, since 2000 and works with a variety of clients in the private and non-profit sector. George is also a published author, a former CBC journalist and comedy writer, and an avid traveler, having lived in Sweden, Denmark, the UK, Taiwan, and Israel.
- Last week’s UnSpun covered a lot of ground – but it would have been even more, were it not for SNOWMAGGEDON.
- Classic UnSpun? How about 26? George and Jody talked towers, reconciliation, and waded into the muck (it’s not muck) of Vancouver’s sewage problem.
- MORE classic UnSpun? You got it. In 18, topics included Gregor Robertson, Daryl Plecas, and (I’ve been waiting to use this again) The Mother of All Byelections ™.