Welcome to UnSpun - The Orca's current events podcast and YouTube show. Every week, Jody Vance and George Affleck unspin the latest news in local, provincial, federal politics, and much more.
In this week’s episode: transit strike, bus strike, and school strike — any more to include? Vancouver’s city plan of … dreams? School board food fight. Vape no more or it will cost you. And…well…Trump. Of course.
- Twitter: The Orca https://twitter.com/TheOrcaBC
- Jody Vance https://twitter.com/jodyvance
- George Affleck https://twitter.com/george_affleck
- UnSpun https://twitter.com/unspunpodcast
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theorcabc/
- Listen to our podcast on your favourite podcast player. Search for “the orca media”
- This week’s YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/cQXv4L00qWs
Interesting in sponsoring? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jody Vance is a born and raised Vancouverite who’s spent 30 years in both local and national media. The first woman in the history of Canadian TV to host her own sports show in primetime, since 2011 she’s been working in both TV and radio covering news and current affairs.
George Affleck is a former Vancouver City Councillor, retiring in 2018 after seven years and two election wins. He has also owned his marketing agency, Curve Communications, since 2000 and works with a variety of clients in the private and non-profit sector. George is also a published author, a former CBC journalist and comedy writer, and an avid traveler, having lived in Sweden, Denmark, the UK, Taiwan, and Israel.
- Last week’s UnSpun ventured to Oppenheimer Park, the negotiating table with the BCTF and TransLink operators, and deepest, darkest Ottawa.
- More UnSpun? In episode 27 George and Jody got into the thick of Vancouver’s sewer debate – and can they ever look forward to a (legal) glass of wine on the beach?
- A triple shot of UnSpun, you say? I like the cut of your gib. In episode 17, topics included money laundering, a better way to do business taxes, and Andrew Weaver’s suggestion that people take out loans for electric cars.