Welcome to UnSpun - The Orca's current events podcast and YouTube show. Every week, Jody Vance and George Affleck unspin the latest news in local, provincial, federal politics, and much more.
Jody and George can’t avoid the 1, 2, 3 and counting instances of Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau wearing blackface and what that means to his campaign. Then — Darryl Plecas, Speaker of the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia, is back in the news with the release of a report from the province’s auditor general — so far nobody has puked. And what about the kids who vape and then others who need a clean drink of water? Jody and George have something to say on that, too.
- Twitter: The Orca https://twitter.com/TheOrcaBC
- Jody Vance https://twitter.com/jodyvance
- George Affleck https://twitter.com/george_affleck
- UnSpun https://twitter.com/unspunpodcast
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theorcabc/
- Listen to our podcast on your favourite podcast player. Search for “the orca media”
- This week’s YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/cQXv4L00qWs
Interesting in sponsoring? Email email@example.com
Jody Vance is a born and raised Vancouverite who’s spent 30 years in both local and national media. The first woman in the history of Canadian TV to host her own sports show in primetime, since 2011 she’s been working in both TV and radio covering news and current affairs.
George Affleck is a former Vancouver City Councillor, retiring in 2018 after seven years and two election wins. He has also owned his marketing agency, Curve Communications, since 2000 and works with a variety of clients in the private and non-profit sector. George is also a published author, a former CBC journalist and comedy writer, and an avid traveler, having lived in Sweden, Denmark, the UK, Taiwan, and Israel.
- A week ago, Jody and George talked about the writ being dropped. It seems very, very much longer ago.
- Jody and George reference Jody’s piece on clean drinking water in Vancouver schools – and here it is.
- Back in May, Michael Taube marveled at independent candidates Jody Wilson-Raybould and Jane Philpott.